CMS has released the 2018 Medicare numbers. You can find them on the CMS Fact Sheet located here. Below you’ll find some quick reference data as well as tips to help you share information with clients.
Medicare Part A:
- Deductible will increase to $1,340 (an increase of $24)
- The skilled benefit will increase $3 per day to $167.50 for days 21-100
Medicare Part B:
- Deductible will remain $183
- Premiums will remain at $134 for all (those protected by the hold-harmless agreement will have an increase from $109 to $134)
What this means for agents:
This should result in stable rates for your Medicare supplement clients since there is only a slight increase in Medicare Part A and no increase in Medicare Part B. Typically, the smaller the increase in Medicare numbers the less of a drastic increase your clients will see in their rates.
This also gives you a reason to contact your clients and share the link to the CMS Fact Sheet to make them aware of:
- The increase in Part B premium for some
- The higher income earner levels
- Another touch to remain in the forefront of their mind, especially during AEP
You can use this information in a:
- Facebook post
- Personal email
- Phone call
- Or any other means of communication
Now, stop reading this and share it!